<VV> Was alternator fan/pulley removal now poor man's impact wrench

NicolCS@aol.com NicolCS@aol.com
Mon, 22 Nov 2004 15:33:38 EST

While I wouldn't recommend the hand impact driver for an alternator pulley,
the hand impact is the tool of choice for larger Phillips head screws such as
on the door latches and convertible top bows.  For the alternator,  I prefer an
air impact, holding the pulley with a rag, or holding the allen wrench in a
vice and using a box end-wrench on the pulley nut.
In other important (?) news... I just finished changing over to winter tires
on the Audi V8 Quattro and the '67 Sedan. Two down, two to go.  I really enjoy
changing the E-rated, 8-lug pick-up tires the most (NOT).  The daggone
pick-up tires easily weigh #100 each!  Oh well, back to the Magnesium Chloride
mines...
Craig Nicol