<VV> Virginia Strikes Again

Alan and Clare Wesson alan.wesson@atlas.co.uk
Thu, 25 Nov 2004 13:01:42 -0000

>> Smitty Says:  And we have here a blind obedience to the finest letter of
>> the law.  Took Spike to get his annual State safety inspection (etc)

Do you not have a 'tame' inspection station? I wouldn't dream of taking any
of my cars anywhere except the guy I always take them to - and he knows that
as I bring him at least $1000 of revenue each year, he better not mess me
around with rubbish like that. He does me a good, sensible safety inspection
and tells me about anything which really is a danger, but he wouldn't do
anything like this! And he also runs a service where you take the car to him
the week before and he does an ad hoc (free) inspection, and tells you what
you need to do.

I can't believe an old stager like Smitty hasn't got a 'little local
friendly inspection guy' - heck, I even have one in Greensboro!

Cheers

Alan