Fwd: <VV> turbo

Sethracer@aol.com Sethracer@aol.com
Fri, 1 Oct 2004 11:15:58 EDT

From: Sethracer@aol.com
Full-name: Sethracer
Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2004 01:35:20 EDT
Subject: Re: <VV> turbo
To: plumbob3@localnet.com

In a message dated 9/30/2004 8:50:21 PM Pacific Standard Time,
plumbob3@localnet.com writes:

I am trying to have a local diesel turbo repair  shop give me est. on
repairing my turbo.He needs to know model number to be  able to tell me cost of
repairs.Good to know it was a TRW but need model  no.

Thanks
Robert  Guerin

Robert - The Corvair used a 300 Series Turbo. That is a Rajay designation,
but should old true for the TRW as well. The 62-64 used a 300B - The 65-66 Used
 a 300F. All small parts are the same, the only difference was the compressor
 wheel and the exhaust turbine - which includes the shaft. If you can find
it,  pick up a copy of Hugh Macinnis book: "How to Select and Install
TurboChargers".  He was the TRW then Rajay engineer who did the adaption work on the
Corvair and  many other installations. - Seth