<VV> NOS Clutch Cable Installed: Problem STILL Not Solved

BobHelt@aol.com BobHelt@aol.com
Thu, 7 Oct 2004 09:36:13 EDT

In a message dated 10/6/04 10:27:31 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
hmlinc@sbcglobal.net writes:

> If it IS the pilot bushing... which seems quite likely...  you MIGHT want
> consider installing one of the roller bushings upon re-do.

Hi Charles and everybody.
There are some strange things that happen, but I really doubt your problem is
the pilot bearing. If it is, can someone please explain how a tight pilot can
cause the problems Charles is having? There just doesn't seem to be any logic
to it.

Also I have heard that the roller bearing pilot bngs have a VERY high failure
rate. Better to use a stock type here. To install correctly, place bng on the
end of the input shaft and tap into place.
Regards,
Bob Helt