<VV> Gas odor - LM

Wayne Graefen wgraefen@ktc.com
Thu, 7 Oct 2004 10:09:23 -0500

Howdy,

Perhaps someone can give me some clues as to what I'm missing in
finding the source of a fuel odor coming from the front of my wife's
'65 Monza Cv.   After every time the car has been run, when we park
the car, open the doors, walk around the front, there is a fairly
strong gas odor.   It is NOT at the rear.

I have a home lift so I have a good view under the car.  There is NO
leak at the sending unit nor any of my hose connections for an
electric pump and a filter installed just behind the tank.  Where
else should I be looking for some dampness?  Someplace hidden from
view?   This is a dry western never-undercoated car so there is no
scale of any kind blocking my view.

Thanks for any help.
Wayne
Kerrville, TX