<VV> Re: New '69 Camaro body / old VIN? no Corvair

Dave Keillor dkeillor@ultrex.com
Mon, 11 Oct 2004 15:28:00 -0500

In most states you could legally register it as a home-built.  The
inspection and emissions requirements wouild depend on the state.  Moving
the VIN would be risky because it would be clear that this isn't an original
body.

Dave Keillor

-----Original Message-----
From: Mike Stillwell [mailto:yenko117@yahoo.com]
Sent: Monday, October 11, 2004 3:21 PM
To: VirtualVairs
Subject: <VV> Re: New '69 Camaro body / old VIN? no Corvair

 Question for the guru's...I was going through
YearOne's site, looking for a couple things, and
happened upon the Camaro body parts page. In drooling
over all you can get for those cars, I noticed the new
'69 Camaro vert bodies that will soon be offered,
retail $11,999.
 They are from the firewall back, so you'd have to
weld on your old front subframe. My question is how
would you title the thing, when you have to do the big
no-no and move VINs from the donor lower W/S panel to
the repro unibody? Anyone know what the official
answer is? Could be a don't ask, don't tell? I know we
all discussed this before and in most states, you
really can't do it. Just curious if anyone knows how
Year One might suggest you deal with the problem,
since they are encouraging it!

 Thanks - Mike
          YS-117