<VV> Those magic 6 little words...

kaczmarek@charter.net kaczmarek@charter.net
Mon, 11 Oct 2004 20:35:24 +0000

> Mike and all

I know not what course others may take---to borrow a line from Patrick Henry, But as for me, DON'T BOTHER WITH A FLO-MO-BETTER.

IMO, and my 10 years behind the parts counter has taught me, unless you are racing,(dedicated autocross, oval/flat track or drag for ET)the Flowmaster is not worth the price. in many instances all you are paying for is the name.

I personally haven't yet heard of anyone using Flo-mo-betters on a Corvair, but here's a good one from a Dodge Truck.

Customer buys truck new, and goes IMMEDIATELY to a Flo-mo-better cat-back system. after 23K miles on a new truck, the engine started to act up.  After the valve covers and valley pan are removed, it appears everything in the engine has become a pretty, but nasty blue color. Diagnosis from the Dodge dealer, having never looked at the truck, said
INSUFFICENT BACK PRESSURE IN EXHAUST SYSTEM.  Customer then pays for a complete top end job, because he voided his warranty the minute he cut the OEM muffler system off the truck.

I have dual exhausts on the EUM, and used a set of shorty turbo mufflers that I got from Carquest. Sound sweet. They will run you about 20 bucks each. Last for 3-4 years on other vairs in my area.

Just my opinion, your mileage may vary.

HANK