<VV> Those magic 6 little words...

Bill Elliott Bill Elliott" <Corvair@fnader.com
Mon, 11 Oct 2004 17:10:44 -0400

My three favorite muffler setups for a manual transmission 140:

1. Flowmasters
2. Walker SuperTurbos
3. Clarks large extractors

All three sound similar... I think exactly what you seek.... and the Walker solution is the cheapest.

Cheap turbos (like California turbos) sound ratty.

BUT, if your 140PG is still hooked to the PG, I doubt that you would be happy with either the performance or the sound of any of these. BTDT and it
sounded horrible... and low end torque made for poorer driveability.

My favorite PG setup is a stock crossover with a single 2" Flowmaster/Walker/etc/... you can go cheaper here without hurting the sound or performance.
Short of going that direction, I'd stay stock... or maybe consider one of the above dual solutions with a custom crossover pipe.... you could do that with the
Walkers and Clarks U-pipes cheaper than the Flowmasters alone....

Bill Elliott

>> From: Mike <themoose@mindspring.com>
>> Date: 2004/10/11 Mon PM 05:25:55 GMT
>> To: virtualvairs@corvair.org
>> Subject: <VV> Those magic 6 little words...
>>
>> So, my wife and I are sitting in front of Sunday night TV...then she says those magic little words:
>>
>> What do you want for Christmas?
>>
>> So, I turn to Virtual Vairs to help me...
>>
>> * I am leaning towards a set of Flowmaster mufflers for my up and coming 140 PG.  If I ask for these, which ones would you (all) recommend? (want a
nice deep mellow tone - no BUZZ!)