<VV> Re:AR 15 Motor Oil

Stephen Upham contactsmu@sbcglobal.net
Sat, 16 Oct 2004 23:01:24 -0500

"From: "Joel McGregor" <joelsplace@earthling.net>
  I change my Mobil1 at around 3000 miles but I don't
worry too much if I go over."

Does synthetic break down that fast?  I was assuming, having not
started a synthetic in my overhaul yet as it will need a few thousand
miles of dino-oil before changing over, that I would be able to change
filters every 3k, top it off and run the synthetic for maybe 6-9K
before changing the oil completely.  What say the Corvair mavens?

Stephen Upham
Dallas, Texas

Mid prod. #18732 -1965 Monza sedan 110, Sierra Tan - Saddle, PG, A/C,
original AM/FM, clock, tint, oil bath air filter, w/ 77K
(NOW out of group red for the first time in twelve years)

Corvairium II