<VV> Re:AR 15 Motor Oil

UltraMonzaWest@aol.com UltraMonzaWest@aol.com
Sun, 17 Oct 2004 00:33:35 EDT

In a message dated 10/16/04 9:02:14 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
contactsmu@sbcglobal.net writes:

> "From: "Joel McGregor" <joelsplace@earthling.net>
>   I change my Mobil1 at around 3000 miles but I don't
> worry too much if I go over."
>
> Does synthetic break down that fast?  I was assuming, having not
> started a synthetic in my overhaul yet as it will need a few thousand
> miles of dino-oil before changing over, that I would be able to change
> filters every 3k, top it off and run the synthetic for maybe 6-9K
> before changing the oil completely.  What say the Corvair mavens?
>
> Stephen Upham
> Dallas, Texas

In answer to Joel's earlier question....I, working for a company with
"inplant" oil monitoring,have done this on several vehicles...still "OK"  at 15-20k
miles....1 Corvair.....8k  was still fine for "SJ"  rated oil...

We all know Lon NEVER changes his oils.....Walt Davidson goes at least 100k
on Syn before thinking about changing....in his UltraVan!....

Old habits are like old Dogs.....hard to put to sleep....IMO!

Matt