<VV> Brake lines clogged- Brake enema?!?

N. Joseph Potts pottsf@msn.com
Fri, 22 Oct 2004 15:53:33 -0400

I ASSUMING that when you "try to bleed it," no fluid comes out when someone
mashes on the pedal. Sure the guitar string up the tubing sounds like a plan
(at least it'll show you WHERE the clog is); compressed air is nice for
those who have it, but to return to my assumption, do I understand that when
you have the bleeder valve open (I mean, OUT of the wheel cylinder), you
can't get the pedal to descend to the floor? I think taking the wheel
cylinder out and apart might be informative, and easier than the guitar
string. If standing on the pedal won't break the clog, compressed air won't,
either, nor will your weenie guitar string.
     Also easier than replacing the line: take off the rubber line and see
if the clog's in THERE.
     Now, if you locate the clog in the metal line, you CAN replace that
line with a new one running UNDER the gas tank (just behind it - there's
lots of metal to protect the line). I've been running mine that way for
years, but I STILL have a pulling problem (to the left), so who knows? Maybe
my trick is causing this problem. All I know for sure is that I had the
problem BEFORE I replaced the line (that's what I was trying to fix), so for
the time being, I'm pursuing other things.

Joe Potts
Miami, Florida USA
1966 Corsa coupe 140hp 4-speed with A/C (pulls to left when braking)