<VV> Fuel gauge problem LM

Wayne Graefen wgraefen@ktc.com
Mon, 25 Oct 2004 14:31:47 -0500

Howdy,

Since we brought home our '65 Monza convert early this summer, the fuel gauge
only occasionally would give a minimal reading  like an eighth or quarter no
matter how full the tank.   I've now put in a new sender from Underground
which it needed as the old float was full of gas and it was rusted in the
empty position.

Now even if I ground the sender wire directly, the gauge won't read a true
full.  I presume the dash gauge is bad also.   I have a junk yard cluster.  Is
it worth trying that gauge first?  Are there new gauges available from some
supplier?

Thanks,
Wayne