<VV> Was $10,655 Corvair MC, now Multiplex Install on same

Sethracer@aol.com Sethracer@aol.com
Wed, 27 Oct 2004 12:20:47 EDT

In a message dated 10/27/2004 7:54:15 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
CorsaRob@charter.net writes:

Seems  there were 3 speakers installed in '65 as I recall, with one
in the dash  and 2 in the back?... or were there just one up front and one in
the  back?

Just two in 1965 - The stock front and one rear had the two channels.  The
Multiplex unit had only three knobs - and a block off over the fourth hole.  IN 1
966, they couldn't have picked a worse place to install the door speakers.
The hole trashed both the metal part of the door AND the plastic door panel.
When I installed a 66 Unit, I installed the speakers lower and only on the door
 panel. Stock speakers and grilles, just located differently. -  Seth