<VV> A/C parts

Marc Marcoulides Marc Marcoulides <hharpo@earthlink.net>
Thu, 28 Oct 2004 08:15:42 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

67 and later the 140 bracket (up and out) was on 110's too

-----Original Message-----
From: Sethracer@aol.com
Sent: Oct 28, 2004 7:34 AM
To: VirtualVairs@corvair.org
Subject: <VV> A/C parts

> Where's the evaporator on top of the engine?  When you open the
> trunk/hood cover on mine all you see is a great big  flat cooler  thing
> (that I think is called the evaporator). This car  has a  compressor but
> nothing else - or are they different on   66s??

The evaporator is under the dash on both 65 and 66 models - and every other
A/C equipped Corvair. The Condensor was moved from on top of the motor -
efficient for use, lousy for service access - to the front of the engine
compartment, for 1966 and 1967 installations. In addition, most 66-up had the
compressor moved up and out a bit to be able to clear a 140 secondary carb. -  Seth