<VV> 110 engine rebuild

airvair airvair@richnet.net
Wed, 08 Sep 2004 16:08:23 -0400

Need some advice from some of the experienced engine rebuilders out
there. I have a 110 manual w/air engine that I'm going to rebuild. In
the process, the heads are going to be deflashed. But I also wonder if I
should have them reworked a little more. Specifically, whether to have
the step milled out, the combustion chamber reworked to 95 condition, or
both. Or for that matter, start with 95 heads in the first place, and
(maybe?) have the step milled out. One thing that I'm considering is
eventually putting an automatic in the car. Bear in mind that the only
difference between a 110 manual w/air and a 110 automatic w/air engine
is the use of 95 heads on the latter. What's the best advice you guys have?

-Mark