<VV> Interesting Corvair related meeting,

Levair@aol.com Levair@aol.com
Thu, 16 Sep 2004 16:37:17 EDT

All,

   This last Monday evening while feeling guilty for not attending this
summer, I
went to the monthly Ostomy support group meeting. I just felt this
overpowering need to be there.
   Since our "modern" minivan was broken down again, we drove Sharon's
reliable purple 66 airconditioned Corvair Monza.
   While in the parking lot, we met this young couple from Muncie IN
who were greatly interested in our Corvair. They were restoring a 69 (#4800)
500 coupe. We chatted then went our separate ways.
   When we finally wandered our way to the meeting, we discovered this same
couple already there. The couple is Rick and Carlena Fulkerson and are long
time CORSA members. Carlena just had surgery 4 weeks ago and now has an
ileostomy.
   Like most Ostomates, she was worried that she knew no one else who had
ever had one, and would life be "normal" again. I was able to inform her that
indeed she had known another ostomate for nearly ten years, so normal life was
definitely possible.
   Rick and Carlena are not currently on our chat groups, but I am ssure that
they could use some incouragement and well wishes from the Corvair community.
    Please write them at:
    Vair694800@yahoo.com

Warren