<VV> I hate my corvairs exhaust install!

Dave Leonard dave@arborlea.net
Thu, 16 Sep 2004 16:51:34 -0400

My favorite "non-stock" exhaust is a standard cross-over, an adapter, and
one turbo muffler with a stock turbo tip.  It sounds great, not too loud
(YMMV), looks good, and is easy to mount using the stock hanger.  May give
up some performance with the cross-over (I doubt a stock Corvair breathes
well enough for it to matter) but it's simple, cheap, and reliable.

I'm still running this setup on my '64 Spyder that still has the "temporary"
140 bastard motor in it.  ('68 110 block and stock pop-up pistons with '65
140 heads and stacked base gaskets to get the clearance...).  It looks like
a stock exhaust from the outside on the Spyder, but it sure doesn't sound
like a turbo...  I also had this on my '66 4dr with a 110 and liked it a
lot.  You can arrange the muffler to get the outlet under the rear body if
it doesn't have a turbo cut-out.

Dave