<VV> RE: Leaving ignition on to play radio.

Derek Archer eggman@owt.com
Tue, 21 Sep 2004 19:38:30 -0700

Here's another idea for earlies. Some new repro igniton switches,
including the one on my '64 spyder, have an acc. terminal in addition
to the standard batt., solenoid, and igniton terminals. although the
switch does not have an accessory position, the accessory terminal
receives power only when the switch is on. because the terminal is also
not covered p by the switch plug, you could connect the ignition
circuit to the acc. terminal with a toggle switch in line so you can
"turn off" the rest of the stuff connected to it, which is just about
everything in the car and then hook the radio to the ign. terminal.
This would involve removing the wires from the ignition switch plug and
discarding it, but theoretically it would work. Even though, I have
never had problems with leaving the ignition on to play the radio in
any car I've been in. (which has been an '84 dodge daytona, 82 dodge
ram, 98 ford f-150, 99 ford explorer, and recently my 62 corvair
convertible and 64 spyder coupe. Of course I'm only 17 so I haven't had
enough time to experience these problems. lol)