<VV> Re: FC is Cab Forward

Alan and Clare Wesson alan.wesson@atlas.co.uk
Thu, 23 Sep 2004 16:55:05 +0100

 > You wanna talk FC?   Close to the front?    Drive a Fiat 600 Multipla.

Don't forget my pic!!

I am currently trying to summon up the courage to bid on this:

http://cgi.ebay.it/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=9843&item=2489796627

It is just over the Italian border from France, less than 100 miles from our
French house, and this is ULTRA RARE!!! 600s only had the sliding windows,
lucite wind deflectors, pre-war Bentley clamshell-style front seats, little
bins on the doors and turn signals on top of the front fenders (like VW
Beetles) for a very short time (this is the first time I have ever seen one
on eBay), although they had suicide doors for several years after those
features disappeared.

Anyway, I WANT this! As I said, I am trying to summon up the courage to bid
on it. It probably means a new marriage, but look what I sold today:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=2489987581

This means I have the money. However, I am *supposed* to be spending the
money on a sensible diesel (we are doing 50000 miles a year at the moment,
and at 19-20 mpg and $6 a gallon it is beginning to hurt). However, it is
*so* tempting to buy the totally impractical and silly 600 than a boring old
diesel (I HATE diesles!). However, if I do buy the 600, I will be looking
for a new wife...

Cheers

Alan