<VV> Corvair Firsts

kaczmarek@charter.net kaczmarek@charter.net
Mon, 27 Sep 2004 17:45:02 +0000

Mike
IMO, a Falcon is a Falcon. It was Introduced in 1959, I have a copy on tape of a Commercial from the Tennessee Ernie Ford Show in 1959 Introducing the 1960 Fords.
Ernie said "It is 59.00 cheaper than its rear engined competitor".
An Econoline is an econoline, It wasn't called a Falvair!!!
OTOH, the Van was called CORVAN. The Greenbrier name was given to the window van I would guess to differentiate between the panel and window van.
There was no Falcon Truck, though there was a Ranchero. There MIGHTY have been Falcon station wagons later in the run, but I am no Ford enthusiast, so I don't know that.
I know there was a Galaxie wagon, and the Country Squire, Any other inputs???

HANK