<VV> I am always going 40

Tony Underwood tonyu at roava.net
Wed Apr 6 02:31:51 EDT 2005

At 06:47 hours 04/05/2005, Gerald and Lorraine Beeler wrote:
>My speedometer on my 1966  Sport Sedan  will not return to zero .     It
>previously  would go back to 20 MPH  but now it will not return at all .
>Is there somewhere I can lubricate it and what kind of lubricant can I use?

Lube isn't your problem.    I'd look for debris or rust flakes stuck up in
the speedo meter movement.  There are some tight clearances in the meter
movement and anything which finds its way into the speedometer movement
will snag and hang it.

If there's no luck with repairs or replacement, there's always Lew
Rishel.   Nice guy, knows his stuff.   Good instrument cluster tech.   Been
doing it a long time.

tony..