<VV> Diff snout sealer

Les corvair at mts.net
Mon Apr 11 22:50:48 EDT 2005

Tom,

You can use a bit of gasket sealer or RTV around the inside of the housing where the snout goes.

Les
---------
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2005 21:49:53 -0400
From: "Tom  Wright" <tomsmail at sympatico.ca>
Subject: <VV> Different Differential
To: <virtualvairs at corvair.org>

Greetings All.

The UPS man arrived again last week, and I now have the parts to rebuild the diff. So before I start, I have to ask the DQOTD (Dumb Question Of The Day).

I have a new snout for the diff, as I am replacing all the bearings and I felt I may as well do the snout as well. When I press the old one out, I assume I should try and put some sort of support up through the diff to take the load?

But the real question is;
When I put the new snout in, do I put any sealer around it, or is the press fit enough to keep any fluid from leaking around the snout / case mating surface?

Thanks for all the help.

Tom Wright
St.Catharines
www.vaxxine.com/tomspage