<VV> Re: VirtualVairs Digest, Vol 3, Issue 76, Tom Wright Differential

Silveyyevlis at aol.com Silveyyevlis at aol.com
Mon Apr 11 22:55:09 EDT 2005

When installing press fit parts it is always best to put sealer on the  joint
especially if one of the parts is a used one. When press fit parts are
disassembled they are subject to minute scratches which can cause leaks. I use
silicon RTV, Permatex or urathane sealer.  Urathane sealant  is my  choice since
there are no known solvents for urathane compounds. I always use a  sealer
when installing a snout in a differential.

Tom Silvey ( 30 years of Corvairing)