<VV> Transmission Problems II

Bill Hubbell whubbell at cox.net
Fri Apr 15 20:45:20 EDT 2005

That's silly!  Once you remove the two front mounts there is nothing to hold
the front half of the drive train up and it will all fall forward.  I
suppose you could hold the front of the engine and the differential up with
a jack, but what's the point?  It is much harder and more dangerous to do
the job that way.

Now, on a Late model, I can see the reason -- you have the rear strut rods
to hold the engine up.  On an Early that would not be true.

Bill