<VV> new car for me - adventure

Thesuperscribe at cs.com Thesuperscribe at cs.com
Sun Apr 17 09:17:25 EDT 2005

Our club (San Diego CC) owns a car trailer trailer and I've hauled Corvair
cars and trucks facing forward with no handling problems. Like the fella below
says, you've got to get the car forward enough to put some weight on the
trailer's tongue.

However, duct-taping a convertible's rear-window flap(s) seems a logical
solution to the oft-given admonition against hauling a convert backwards. Good
thinking!

Enjoy your filling station conversations, especially when you're gassing the
Corvair itself. You may already have found that almost everyone says "I had
one of those once" or "my uncle/dad/brother had one and..." and then brings up
Ralph Nader. Then you can explain that even though Nader really didn't kill the
Corvair, he didn't do their resale value any good and you now have a
steel-clad reason not to vote for him the next time he runs for President.

--Tom Berg
Bonsall, Calif.

***