<VV> Renault Models - No Corvair

Geoffrey A Johnson geoffj at unm.edu
Tue Apr 19 21:25:52 EDT 2005

I know it is off topic from Corvair but any person who has dealt with
these cars ought to appreciate it.  When when my mom was growing up my
Grandparents had a Dauphine.  The shifter broke off pretty early in the
cars life.  So my Grandfather got a big lawn sprinkler head and fastened
it to
the remnants using a hammer or so, and used the great big sprinkler as the
shifter for a few years untill the engine fell out on the freeway.
So when I was having trouble getting the late shifter that someone had put
in my 63 to work right, when I told my mom she said if your Grandfather
can make a Renault shift with a sprinkler, you darn well should be able to
get a Corvair to shift right.
  -Geoff Johnson