<VV> motor oil shelf life - general, not corvair specific

Tony Underwood tonyu at roava.net
Mon Aug 1 18:13:27 EDT 2005

At 07:12 hours 07/31/2005, Mike Ioanes wrote:

>>So far, this can of Valvoline isn't bringing much, but it could
>>shoot up toward the end of the bidding.
>>
>>http://cgi.ebay.com/Valvoline-10-W40-quart-Oil-mint-original_W0QQitemZ7171890197QQcategoryZ35678QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohosting
>>
>>Marc Sheridan
>Did you notice his shipping costs?  $9.99!

Auction ended...  no bids even starting at .01 cent.   Maybe he'll
relist the can of oil and drop  that ten  buck shipping cost a
bit...?    That is, if anybody is actually interested in buying a 20+
year old can of oil.

A guy I know has a can of motor oil, can't remember the brand, that
dates back to WW-II.   Metal can, rather heavy, been sitting on the
basement shelf of his dad's house since before he was born.    Not
sure what that particular can of oil might be good for either...   ;)

Knowing this guy, it likely ended up in his lawnmower.

tony..