<VV> RE:Convention Suggestions (minor Corvair)

Tony Underwood tonyu at roava.net
Tue Aug 2 17:34:36 EDT 2005

At 04:57 hours 08/01/2005, Norman C. Witte wrote:
>A friend of mine is the morning show host of the local oldies station (FM
>and still playing '60s era music!) but when he does remotes, he gets paid to
>do it.  Unless someone at the station is into Corvairs, I'd be surprised to
>see a radio station doing remotes for free.
>
>Talk radio.  Pah!

You shouldn't be too rough on Talk format stations.

Talk is what saved a LOT of AM stations which simply couldn't compete
with FM stereo music anymore.   It's been the salvation of the vast
majority of former top-40 AM stations that still remain on the
air.   It's how most of them remain profitable.

Time passes, things change.

tony..