<VV> Stock wheels or not???

Thomas Stingl tsc01 at corvair.de
Tue Aug 2 14:51:21 EDT 2005

> (many places in Europe you cannot replace a tire with one of a lower
> speed rating than the car came with)

Hey, one of the stupid old world regulations, you have to use tires
which have a speed rating > max. speed of the car :-]
Anyway German car titles describe exactly what tire ratings are allowed,
and what size, on what rim size. Anything else you have to have
registered in the car title (which documents both ownerships and tech
data).
On my Rampside I was amazed when I switched tires, much better handling,
even though the new ones were originally marketed as winter tires for
SUVs ...

Thomas

--
Thomas Stingl | ts1 at corvair.de | http://corvair.de/ | ICQ# 258018925
1961 Rampside - 1962 Greenbrier - 1962 Monza Wagon - 1963 Corvan