<VV> RE: Corvette Guys

Cliff Tibbitts tibbitts at qx.net
Fri Aug 5 10:12:16 EDT 2005

Okay, I've already fessed up to Dave.

I have a couple of Hondas sitting in my garage along with the superior
Corvair. Someone else said it best.  There are guys that enjoy cars for the
pleasure and satisfaction that comes from working on them, driving them and
sharing experiences with others.  Then there are those who own certain cars
simply for the prestige it brings them.  I hope I am counted among the
former.  I have friends who are great fans of the British sports cars, and
know at least one person with a Porsche Carrera.  They are beautiful cars
and I can certainly appreciate them.  And who would pass up an opportunity
to stable a vintage Italian roadster?

I guess the point is, let's just enjoy what we have, and let the others go
their way in peace.  I am just enjoying the company of so many Corvair fans;
I don't really have time to knock anyone else's preference in cars.  I had
more fun in Lexington last summer at the CORSA convention than I can tell.
I am only sorry I could not make it out to Portland.

In a message dated 8/4/2005 11:45:23 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
BigD at davemorris.com writes:

I'd take a Corvette any
> > day over the European or even Japanese  sports cars.

Darn.  Where does that leave  me?

Same with me
9 vairs
no Vettes