<VV> RE: Rocket Scientists - acronyms and sleepers

Bill Hubbell whubbell at cox.net
Sat Aug 6 16:55:41 EDT 2005

Medicine might be able to give the Feds a run for their money.  Here is a
site that purports to have "the world's largest and most comprehensive
catalog of biomedical acronyms and abbreviations, containing approximately
221,000 out of an estimated 240,000 unique acronyms within MEDLINE"
http://invention.swmed.edu/argh/

Try it - you'll be amazed.  When you see how many times the same acronym is
used for different things, you'll wonder how we physicians ever keep it all
straight.  Context usually helps, but not always.

Bill Hubbell MD MD
(anybody care to guess why 2 MDs ?   Out of 513 possible definitions, only
two are correct)