<VV> Archives and community

Mark J. Murphy m.j.murphy at comcast.net
Tue Aug 9 09:21:59 EDT 2005

This touches on a dichotomy of sorts that I've seen in this group.  I've
heard and witnessed time and again how it's the people -- the willingness to
help, etc. -- that make the group great and I agree with that 100%.  At the
same time, there are frequent complaints about the same topics coming up
over and over, and how traffic could be reduced if people would just RTFM*,
and while it may get frustrating to long-termers, chances are if someone is
asking then it's new to them.  Lets face it, the "newest" of our vehicles is
36 years old and with the possible exception of a precious few that have
contemplated or made modern modifications, for the most part there is no
"new" topics to discuss relative to the Corvair.  So while a searchable
archive is great for the timid, or for anyone who remembers that their
specific issue was recently discussed but can't recall the details, it will
never (or shouldn't) replace the live list or the community.  Let's keep the
community spirit alive.
      ,-----___\----,    Mark Murphy
      \--(o)----(o)--'  Derry, NH, USA
    http://m.j.murphy.home.comcast.net/

*RTFM = Read The F####ng Manual, for the acronymically challenged.