<VV> Elitist ?

kaczmarek at charter.net kaczmarek at charter.net
Wed Aug 10 15:22:57 EDT 2005

Webmaster Supremo Bryan sez:
>SNIP   I'm
> personally getting a little tired of being insulted like this,
> especially since VV appears to still be a successful format.  SNIP

Folks, Though I know there is at least ONE thing Bryan and I disagree on, <GG> Here I'd like to take his back.

1st of all, Bryan has shepherded this forum through several transformations with web hosting, servers, and the like. Most of this he's done on his own time, with no personal recompense. For the info of those not around in the 90's and early 00's, members voluntarily sent Bryan money to pay for web hosting, new parts, etc. This was in the days before CORSA took over paying for these costs.

2. One of the reasons why CORSA DID open the wallet to pay for this stuff was because of the number of new members recruited by the presence of VV in its current form, which it has always been, an e mail list.

Bryan should be congratulated for his devotion to making our virtual community what it is.

Is there room for other forums?? History has shown us that there is. Let's leave VV as it is. History has also shown us that it is successful. As I say with my cars---If something is working very well, resist the urge to screw
around with it.

Hank