<VV> Re: Electronic Vairs

Tareece at aol.com Tareece at aol.com
Mon Aug 15 21:14:52 EDT 2005

Interesting Bill... I had thought the Prius and othe Hybrids were actually ok
vehicles and that with the increased prices these vehicles and the technology
therein were becoming mature..especially with the lithium-ion battery...
   Now I do understand that sales were horrible and that repair issues were
horrendous.... I was merely wanting to know if something like that was
feasible, cost effective, and maybe fun to try.
   After your response I can see all questions have been answered with an
empathic no.
   Which brings us to another issue....
   With current regulations varying per state (40 different gasoline formulas
for 50 states and even seasons), proposed drilling and new refineries off
atleast 10 years from now, we all know $3 gas average throughout the Nation is
just a matter of months away..ANd I heard the whispering of even $5 gas as being
the "Inflationary  threshold" for comparison to the gas crisis in 1980....
        How do we keep not only the Corvair on the road, but even the old car
hobby???
     This may be alarmist and maybe unappreciated but its something thats
coming.

In a message dated 8/15/2005 6:48:48 PM Eastern Standard Time,
NEVER
recoup your costs in any sort of savings... even the car companies can't make
hybrids work... they cost more to build and run over "normal" cars that you
could never recoup the energy by savings... it's sort of like solar cells...
more energy goes into making a solar cell than they will likely ever produce
over
their lifetime. But folks love pseudoscience...

Bill Elliott

Todd Reece
65 Monza Convert
TnT's Corvair Parts <----webpage for NOS parts