More On Re: <VV> Electronic Fuel Injection

FrankCB at aol.com FrankCB at aol.com
Fri Aug 19 19:46:59 EDT 2005

John,
       Why use NB (narrow band) oxygen sensors?  They are OK for running at
stoichiometric (around 14.6 or 14.7 to 1 A/F ratio depending on your exact
gasoline composition) but for richer high performance A/F you really need WB (wide
band) O2 sensors that can indicate 12 to 1 A/F (for power) or 16 to  A/F (for
cruising fuel economy) or anywhere in between.  And Bosch has a newer WB O2
sensor that's in the $50 to $60 price range.
       And why worry about HC and CO emissions?  Any Corvair with properly
setup fuel injection will put out MUCH fewer emissions than a stock NEW Corvair
right from the factory ever did.  Except for worn out oil burners, that is(:-)
       Frank Burkhard