<VV> Re: AFB ON A 110hp and other crazy ideas

N2VZD at aol.com N2VZD at aol.com
Sat Aug 20 08:00:51 EDT 2005

i did this for a while on a 64 back when the cars was close to new. i  played
with all the combos. i had it running fair. the best it ran was with
retapered rods, and a modified  lockout valve (reduced the weight by  roughly half to
get back barrels to come in right). the main problems i had back  then with
either 4gc or carter was getting heat to the base of the carb,,. this  was
causing ice to build up in manifold..big time  , even in hot weather.  it just did
not work well for me so i gave up on it, along with the  judson.  the "bill
thomas" 4 carb kit was best i could do. it made serious  tourqe  for a corvair
after finding the right jet sizes. now this was early  in the corvair hobby so
many advances have been made. i had dual exhaust on my  new 64 a few days
after buying it new.  this was on a 110hp 4 spd with 3:27  rear axle.
regards, tim colson