<VV> 140 linkage problem

kovacsmj kovacsmj at sbcglobal.net
Sun Aug 21 19:45:09 EDT 2005

I just want to thank all who responded, Jim, Wade, Geoff, Dave, Chuck,
Larry. (Hope I didn't miss anybody) I'll take the all responses under
advisement.  I'll probably buy blocks to tighten up the linkage. Since
almost everything mechanical was replaced under the car, that part of
the throttle linkage should need nothing, but I'll revisit next time is
on the jack stands.

 The car has 103,000 miles and almost no rust underneath or any where
else, but the left carb linkage shaft just rattles around in the
support.

Getting all the information is most of the solution.

MIKE KOVACS

The linkage in my '66 140 is so bad that.... I need about .250 gas
pedal movement to get an engine response. I checked carefully and all
the slop appears to be in the cross shaft linkage, especially on the
left side.
 I need to tighten it up. Has anybody had experience with Clark's C7801
BRASS BEARING BLOCKS Page 62 (Bob Henrich developed)? Baring that, does
anybody have a good tight '66-'69 140 linkage to sell, or a favorite
band aid to fix the problem? If nobody does, I'll remove the linkage and
figure out some method to remove the slop from the holes.