<VV> Exhaust Manifold update

Keith Hammett khammett at stainlessfab.com
Tue Aug 23 09:03:05 EDT 2005

Here are the results on the broken ear manifold:

1) two say the eyebolt repair works just fine

2)  two say to replace with new

3)  one says to use long bolt and stainless hose clamp

4)  two say to weld/braze the broken one

5)  One offered that the casting numbers will identify if it is a 140
manifold or not.  Just didn't have the casting numbers.  I am almost sure
they are 110 manifolds, I don't remember any difference between them and the
verts.

6)  One said to take the opportunity and change to 140 manifolds

Armed with this information, it looks like I will try one of the repairs to
get by with until another manifold can be located.  I might even use the
group red convertibles and then just buy new when I get it up and running.

If I use the group red verts then I might install bolts and use the
stainless hose clamp trick to keep the rather thin ears in tact as much as
possible.

Thanks everyone for your inputs.
Keith Hammett