<VV> MPG mystery (No Corvair)

NicolCS at aol.com NicolCS at aol.com
Wed Aug 24 11:02:18 EDT 2005

If I'm not mistaken, they drove pretty close to the speed limits in that
contest.  I'll ask my nieghbor (he was a navigator in one of the early 60's
runs).  In prior conversations about his experience with the Mobilgas  economy run
- he said that they had daily conversations with the sponsoring  manufacturer
(in his case, Ford) about route changes considering weather.   That struck me
as really odd, I would have thought they were run in summer  months.  The
other thing that I found odd was that he said the job lasted  two months!  What
were they driving, covered wagons?  Oh, that's  right, they were driving Fords!
hehehe
Craig Nicol