<VV> power glide dash selector removal

Jim McLott Jim.McLott at DOR.GA.GOV
Wed Aug 24 13:37:25 EDT 2005

Art,

The 1966 supplement to the shop manual is not too clear on how to remove
the PG shifter from the dash, but it looks like it's held on with three
screws, one toward the top and two toward the bottom.  As I recall from
when I did this exact same thing a few years back, there is nothing
tricky about it.  Just find those screws and remove them.

You may want to remove the T-handle from the front of the lever.  Two
short pieces of fuel line hose will slip over the two ends and allow you
unscrew them from each other.  Just don't grasp them too tightly or
you'll leave small marks in them despite the hoses.  DAMHIK.

Jim McLott & Christine, the 1966 Monza convertible she-devil
Member: CORSA, Corvair Atlanta and Group Red (Ret.)
http://www.wittelaw.com/personal/groupred/mclott.htm