Possible Reason for Re: <VV> Hottest running cylinders

FrankCB at aol.com FrankCB at aol.com
Wed Aug 24 17:30:42 EDT 2005

        I would expect the bad rep for # 5 and # 6 around the exhaust region
has a lot to do with the fact that the hot exhaust gas from ALL cylinders pass
by these 2 whereas the other cylinders have FEWER cylinders contributing
exhaust flow and HEAT.
       But # 5 and # 2 are at the opposite CORNERS of the engine so it may be
that they get a smaller part of the cooling air flow than the other
cylinders.  Could it be that # 2 also is "shortchanged" due to its being next to the
oil cooler?
       Frank "guessing" Burkhard