<VV> Corvair Saved from Hurricane Katrina

N. Joseph Potts pottsf at msn.com
Fri Aug 26 04:49:58 EDT 2005

Hurricane Katrina has just gotten done savaging southeast Florida, and I'm
happy to report that my 1966 Corsa is undamaged. It remains safe in the
garage while three BMWs (two new) and a Ford Crown Victoria brave the
elements outside. Priorities are in good order down here.
     The power is out (I'm using a generator), and Fireball (the Corsa) will
be of help here, too, being in the garage with the generator. In the car's
tank is my fuel supply for the generator. Fortunately, it's almost full. But
I'd prefer not to need it, because of the power being restored very soon.
     Katrina appears to be taking a turn to the north now that it is in the
Gulf of Mexico, and threatens the Florida Panhandle, where we have perhaps
more Corvairs even than South Florida (Corvairs are thin on the ground here,
even though people, and cars, are very thick).

Joe Potts
Miami, Florida USA
1966 Corsa coupe 140hp 4-speed with A/C