<VV> H. Katrina

Rt66Vairs at aol.com Rt66Vairs at aol.com
Wed Aug 31 13:13:50 EDT 2005

In a message dated 8/31/05 7:32:35 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
jekepler at amplex.net writes:
Having a generational bias against the Red Cross, I'd suggest a donation to
the Salvation Army.  They do more in the field with less "parasitic"
administrative costs (read that as fewer 6-figure Armani-suit types sucking
at the money teat!).  If helping the people effected is your goal, the
Salvation Army delivers more bang for the buck!
I kinda feel the same way.

Here is a bite from the Salvation Army Website:

A $100 donation to The Salvation Army will feed a family of four for two
days, provide two cases of drinking water and one household clean-up kit,
containing brooms, mops, buckets, and cleaning supplies.

Donate what you can where you feel it will do the most good... But do donate.

I really felt wierd... As Katrina was rolling through the Gulf Coast I was
receiveing a $1000
bonus. It's money I can do without. So...

Let's all step up.

There but for fortune goes us.

Tim Abney
IECC