<VV> Engine Oil on a brand new fanbelt

UltraMonzaWest at aol.com UltraMonzaWest at aol.com
Sat Dec 3 12:44:15 EST 2005

In a message dated 12/3/2005 9:35:15 AM Pacific Standard Time,
JRVIDRINE at aol.com writes:

> Any ideas on whether washing the belt in dish detergent will do the  trick?
>
> If anyone has any information on anything other than what I have  stated,
> please let me know if anything else needs to be done, or done  differently.

No need to even take it off....just degrease the engine. and drive on......

You're new to this..remember...the Belt needs to be loose enough with the
engine cold to be able to move the Gen with your finger!    Racers use Silicone
spray before each run....so oil is no problem..

Matt Nall / Patiomatt / WCUH / Mr. DeckRug