<VV> GPS for Corvair?

Kent Sullivan kentsu at corvairkid.com
Sun Dec 4 14:35:11 EST 2005

The different ways to "skin this cat" have expanded rapidly in the last
couple of years. The PC (laptop)-based solution, with an external GPS
gadget, are nice because you can choose your own software from a number of
vendors. And updating is pretty easy--just a website visit to the software
vendor or perhaps a CD through the mail.

All the rage with some folks I work with are the GPS "sleds" that attach to
a SmartPhone or PDA. The folks who have them love that the resulting unit is
not much bigger than a dedicated GPS receiver yet takes advantage of a
device they already have. Also allows more flexibility for software and can
link to a PC for map creation, storage, etc.

--Kent