<VV> Corvair Mysterious Happenings

Thomas Stingl tsc01 at corvair.de
Tue Dec 6 18:31:41 EST 2005

RonH wrote:

> We removed the wheel but not the drum and there was no sound

Experienced such an ominous clunk-clunk two times; one time it was
somewhat loose wheel nuts (could this be in your case? you mentioned the
tires are new  ...), which was (naturally) getting louder with time ...
but could not be heard driving slowly. I firmly believed it was some
loose internal brake stuff, until I rechecked the wheel nuts.
It was also with the Monza wagon ;-)

The other time it was some road debris stuck at the tire ...

Thomas

--
Thomas Stingl  ts1 at corvair.de  Karlsruhe, Germany
Swiss Corvair Club / Subchapter Germany