<VV> Re: Gas Tank

Padgett pp2 at 6007.us
Fri Dec 16 14:36:02 EST 2005

>It varies by car, but generally speaking - when the needle hits E, there is
>still 4 gallons in the tank.  I guess the only way to know what YOUR car
>does is to actually run it out of gas.

Can echo that. When I decided to fix the "Stuck on E" problem (float
wasn't), I drained about 3.5 gallons from the tank and afterwards when I
put the gas back in, it was still on "E". Four more gallons got it to a 1/4
but was not sure it was fixed until then.

Unfortunately this was when premium was around $3.50/gal so I was not
filling tanks.

Padgett