<VV> Re: Gas Tank Size

Gary Swiatowy mopar at jbcs2.net
Sat Dec 17 08:10:22 EST 2005

I hope this doesn't come as a suprise to any of you, but gas pumps are not
"always" accurate. In NY supposedly the bureau of weights and measures comes
out and checks the pumps and places a seal on the pumps to indicate their
accuracy. Pumps on indian reservations are exempt from this. Also since
pumps are now electronic,  there has been "chips" that will favor the gas
stations owner yet will still read accurately at 5, 10, 15, 20 gallon
increments.................

One station on the reservation I put in a full gallon more than the maximum
my Subaru tank will hold, and the warning light had just gone on. Attendant
wanted to hear nothing about it................ Last time I purchased fuel

So unless you are measuring yourself before putting it in..................

Gary Swiatowy