<VV> Brake bleeding

Clark Hartzel chartzel at comcast.net
Sat Dec 17 18:38:03 EST 2005

I found a neat device in one the local dollar stores.  It is a big plastic
syringe with a clear plastic hose on it.  You fill the syringe and hose with
brake fluid and hook up the plastic tube to the bleeder screw.  Loosen the
screw and pump fluid into the wheel cylinder until you see it come into the
master cylinder.  Only problem is you can never get the hose connected to
the bleeder screw without getting some air into it, so once you fill all
four wheel cylinders I go back and finish the job by pumping the brake pedal
and bleeding the old fashioned way.  At least you have the system filled
when you start pumping.  It also accomplishes another task.  If you squeeze
the syringe and no fluid goes anywhere, you know you have a clogged brake
hose.  This has happened a couple of times and I had to replace the hoses to
get flow.
Clark Hartzel