<VV> FOLLOWUP: RS Loss of Power - drivin' me nuts!

Western Canada CORSA westerncanadacorsa at shaw.ca
Tue Dec 27 22:32:05 EST 2005

Hey all,

Just a quick followup on the loss of power on the RS.  The warm ignition
switch was the key to the whole thing.  I installed a relay drawing it's
power directly from the battery (at the starter solenoid terminal).
Presto-chango!  Rides like a new truck.  I made it up to Duncan (over one
mtn pass, and longer than 45min) for the celebrations with the Lovely
Laura's family no problem.  I know it's a bandaid solution, but it'll keep
me going until I can get a new iginition switch.

On Boxing Day the in-law's neighbour came out in the morning and asked if I
wanted to take part in the Vintage Car Club's annual cruise.  Perfect day
for it, 10-12 degrees and blue skies so we tagged along.  Their neighbour
(Vern) has quite the car collection, including a Stanley Steamer, a 1904
Holley, and a 1928(?) Rawlings with a CCM motor.  Those of you that know
Hockey will recognize the CCM brand.  But I'll bet you didn't know that it
stood for Canadian Cycle and Motor!

Thanks for everybody's help with this one.

Regards,
Joel